CONGRATULATIONS! On the purchase of your new home.....so what happens now?
We understand that purchasing a new home may be a new experience for many, so we have set out a checklist to guide you through to a stress free settlement.
1. If you require finance to purchase your new home the first thing to do is arrange an appointment with your bank or lender. They will require a copy of the contract, and they will also require proof of income ie. Group Certificate, bank statement etc. Don't forget that Collie & Tierney will require written confirmation of approval or refusal by the date set out on your contract.
2. Make sure you have arranged Insurance cover on your new home as soon as you have signed the contract.
3. Ensure your deposit is made out to Collie & Tierney First National and paid to our office, where you will receive receipt for your payment.
4. If you require a removalist, remember to book them in advance, as you may have difficulty arranging someone if you leave it too late.
5. We understand that some solicitors require the keys for handing over to yourselves at settlement, alternatively an appointment will be arranged with your property consultant to collect the keys to your new home from the office.
6. You may need to allow time for cleaning, as occasionally vendors do not allow sufficient time for thorough cleaning before they move out. We can refer you to professional cleaners, if needed.
7. If applicable, make sure you arrange for connection of electricity and gas at least 7 days prior to settlement. Also the connection of your telephone and don't forget to advise us of your new phone number!
8. Finally, make sure you advise your changes of address to banks, electoral roll, friends, relatives, etc.